Blue Dandenongs, Puffing Billy, Wine Tasting, Winery Roast Lunch, Koalas, Kangaroos
Tour code: 399
Operates: M-W-F-S, Departs: 8:10 AM, Returns: 5:45 PM
Historic steam train ride, entrance to Healesville Sanctuary, Aussie style Bush Billy tea with lamingtons, vegemite and crackers, wine tasting and lunch at Fergusson's Winery
Book This Tour Now!
Ride on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway through the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges with bellbirds and kookaburras echoing the steam train's whistle. Tour through the richness of the Yarra Valley - a pastoral experience of farms and vineyards, haystacks and wine grapes. Healesville Sanctuary - a truly Australian experience - cradled in the forested foothills of the Great Divide where you can surround yourself with Australian wildlife.
- Melbourne's eastern suburbs
- Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
- Share Bush Billy tea of Aussie grown tea and gum leaves, lamingtons, vegemite and crackers with the locals...
- Colourful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! (opportunity to hand feed)
- Ride through the forest from Belgrave on Puffing Billy steam train - an original steam locomotive
- Sherbrooke Forest - noted for its lyrebirds, tall mountain ash eucalypts and fern gullies
- Pass through quaint villages noted for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Panoramic views from Grantulla Road
- Opportunity to taste Australian wines at Fergusson's Winery, a noted Yarra Valley wine producer
- Enjoy a delicious spit roast lunch with wine as guests of Louise Fergusson (Asian cuisine and vegetarian meals will also be available)
- Tour through the Yarra Valley
- Visit Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery - a sweet feast for the senses
- Delight in complimentary chocolate tastings, displays of premium chocolates and observe European Chocolatiers at work
- Pass through the township of Healesville - set amidst mountain bushland
- Visit Healesville Sanctuary - home for over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles in a natural bushland setting
- Stroll through paddocks of kangaroos and wallabies
- Walk through large aviaries and pond areas that bring birds of the wild so close to hand - the elusive lyrebirds, eagles, ibis & spoonbills
- Witness the "Eagles Fly" demonstration
- Observe the underwater life of the platypus
- Come face to face with a koala!
- Meet a furry wombat!
- See dingoes, Tasmanian Devils, echidnas, snakes and goannas.