Grand Hobart with Bonorong Wildlife Park
Grand Hobart is a combination tour of Mt Wellington, the Hobart City tour and afternoon Tasmanian Devils tour. You can discover Hobart in a day - Mt Wellington summit, Hobart city, historical Richmond and Australian animals at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
This is truly the ultimate tour to ensure you see as much of Hobart and surrounds in one day as possible. Perfect for those with little time in Hobart. We travel up to the summit of Mt Wellington, where the views over Hobart and beyond are breathtaking, travelling back down we start a comprehensive tour with a local guide through the streets of Hobart, stopping at places like the Royal Botanic Gardens, the Female Factory and Rosny Hill Lookout. In the afternoon meet the furry little Tasmanian Devils as well as many other Australian animals at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. We will have approximately 1 hour at Richmond and 1 hour at Bonorong.
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
- On a clear day the views from Mt Wellington are stunning.
- In the winter perhaps you will be playing in the snow - whatever the weather - take the opportunity to visit iconic Mt Wellington, the traditional
indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is kunanyi
- See St David’s Park
- Pass by Anglesea Barracks - Australia’s oldest Army facility
- Cascade Valley - home of the Cascade Brewery and Gardens
- On this tour we pass through various eco systems and experience the harsh alpine environment of the mountain.
- View the massive rock formation of the Organ Pipes
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit - a harsh rocky alpine environment affording unsurpassed views on a clear day
- The summit of Mt Wellington offers a panoramic spectacle of Hobart town, its surrounding suburbs, vast waterways of the Derwent River
- After our descent from the mountain, we have a brief visit to the Cascades Female Factory - a one time female prison - for an insight into the lives
of the women convicts once imprisoned there.
- Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St. George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St. David’s Park
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Option to walk and view the exterior of the Cascade Brewery
- Cascade Gardens
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- St. David’s Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- Enjoy some free time to see the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Travel across the Tasman Bridge into the Coal River Valley and onto Richmond - a unique and historic town resplendent with mellow stone cottages, classic
Georgian mansions and home to the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia and the oldest operating Catholic Church
- Stroll along the picturesque Coal River and through the village.
- Enjoy browsing the many shops and galleries for unique gifts or souvenirs.
- Perhaps taste some local produce from one of the many cafes and restaurants
- Onto Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in the Brighton Valley where you will have your chance to come closer than ever to something wild and fragile.
- A wildlife sanctuary run by a passionate team of people, it is also a successful breeding site for the unique and often misunderstood Tasmanian Devil
(traditional indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is 'purinina').
- Be amazed by what you will learn when taking part in an up-close encounter with 'The Devil' and other Tasmanian and Australian native animals.
- Stroll the grounds of the sancturary and hand feed the animals that roam free.
- You will have great photo opportunities on this fun-filled day.