Mt Field National Park, Russell Falls, Salmon Ponds
Tour code: 780
Operates: --W---S, Departs: 9:15 AM, Returns: 4:00 PM
Morning tea, entry to Salmon Ponds and Mt Field National Park
Book This Tour Now!
Wilderness, waterfalls and wildlife...
Experience the tranquillity of pristine rainforest, tall tree ferns and majestic Russell Falls at Mt Field National Park.
- Travel north west skirting Mt Wellington and follow the Derwent River
- City of Glenorchy and Claremont - the home of Cadbury's
- Look for native birds along the shores of the Derwent River
- Beautiful Derwent Valley - tiny towns and agriculture
- New Norfolk - heart of the Derwent Valley
- Pass through the Hop fields
- Visit Salmon Ponds, the oldest trout hatchery in the Southern Hemisphere, in operation since 1864
- Delightful complimentary morning tea with tea/coffee
- Opportunity to feed the trout and salmon
- Inspect the Museum of Trout Fishing and Tasmanian Angling Hall of Fame set amidst historic surrounds within the original English parklands
- Learn about the events that make up Tasmania's rich angling history and the significant contribution of trout fishing pioneers to Tasmania's world renowned trout fishery
- Experience the stillness of rainforest fern glades at Mt Field National Park
- Majestic tall tree ferns provide a canopy for a delightful walk alongside a forest stream
- Witness the spectacle of Russell Falls
- Lunch is available at own expense at Waterfalls Cafe
- Return alongside the Derwent River crossing Bowen Bridge overlooking the Incat catamaran manufacturing firm
- In season, purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls.