Bay of Fires
Visit one of the world's most beautiful beaches at the Bay of Fires. Departing from Launceston, travel amongst rainforests and farmlands of North East of Tasmania and enjoy a picnic lunch in an idyllic setting
Crystal azure blue waters with pristine white beaches and outcrops of orange lichen covered granite rocks, the scenery at the Bay of Fires is simply breathtaking. This tour takes you through some of the prettiest locations in Tasmania, from the green rolling hills and fertile farmlands around Lilydale and Scottsdale, to the temperate rainforest of the Weldborough Pass, the spectacular coastal region of the Bay Of Fires, to the open grazing lands of the Fingal Valley and Northern Midlands. Bring your own picnic lunch or purchase lunch to enjoy en route at Binalong Bay.
- Leaving Launceston, enjoy the rolling green hills and fertile farm land of the north eastern countryside, passing through quaint towns including Lilydale
- Bridestowe Lavender Farm (home to Bobbie Bear)
- The commercial lavender is only in full flower December/January, but there is normally different varieties of flowering lavender near the gift shop
all year round.
- We have a quick stop in Scottsdale at the award winning Cottage Bakery for lunch supplies to enjoy at the Bay of Fires
- Time permitting, we may be able to visit the tree carvings at the town of Legerwood* before taking a short walk through moss covered trees and ferns
in the Myrtle Rainforest Walk on the Welborough Pass.
- Pass through the tin mining towns of Branxholm and Derby
- Cheese Tasting at Pyengana*
- Arriving at one of the prettiest places in Tasmania, view the granite rocky outcrops covered with orange lichen that jut out into the ocean to separate
a large collection of hidden beaches - this is the Bay Of Fires
- We will call into Binalong Bay for a beach experience, then Harbour Point for great photo opportunities, and also a beach walk along the remote Taylor's
- After your beach experience, sample fresh oysters straight from the farm at Lease 65
- View fishing boats in St. Helens
- A chance to purchase seasonal fruit and ice-cream from Eureka's Fruit Farm
- Head south to St Mary's Pass where we head inland to pass through the contrasting grazing lands of the Fingal Valley and Northern Midlands
- Coal mining towns of Fingal and Avoca
- Finish your day back in Launceston with memories of this pristine and unique area of Tasmania
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
Adult: $150 Child: $75 (3-15 years)