Hobart's Premier Tour
A value packed combination - enjoy a comprehensive introduction of Hobart City followed by a visit to the historic town of Richmond and up-close experiences with Australian animals.
See all that Hobart has to offer; historic buildings, beautiful gardens, trendy cafes, life by the water and a very relaxed way of living. Your local guide will take you to all the major sites of Hobart including the Royal Botanic Gardens and Rosny Hill lookout which has views out to Mt Wellington, Hobart and Bellerive Oval. Then spend the afternoon stopping in Richmond village - a historic and unique town resplendent with mellow stone cottages and classic Georgian mansions. Enjoy browsing the many shops and galleries. Then onto Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to meet koalas, kangaroos and the iconic Tasmanian Devil.
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
- Sullivan’s Cove - Hobart’s birthplace and ferry terminal
- Parliament House
- Salamanca Place - Georgian style warehouses now restored as restaurants, galleries and pubs
- Princes Park - a one time gun battery
- Battery Point - charming historic houses, pubs, boutique shops and restaurants
- St. George’s Church
- Views of Wrest Point Casino and exclusive Sandy Bay
- St. David’s Park
- South Hobart at the foot of Mt. Wellington
- Option to walk and view the exterior of the Cascade Brewery
- Cascade Gardens
- Visit the remains of the Female Factory - a one time female prison
- St. David’s Cathedral
- Treasury Building and Franklin Square
- GPO and Hobart Town Hall
- Penitentiary Chapel
- Queen’s Domain and Government House
- Cross Tasman Bridge over the Derwent River
- Views over Kangaroo Bay Marina and Bellerive
- Stop at Rosny Hill lookout for stunning views of Hobart, Sandy Bay, Mt Wellington, Tasman Bridge and Glenorchy
- Victoria Dock and Constitution Dock
- Enjoy some free time to see the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Travel across the Tasman Bridge into the Coal River Valley and onto Richmond - a unique and historic town resplendent with mellow stone cottages,
classic Georgian mansions and home to the oldest convict built road bridge in Australia and the oldest operating Catholic Church
- Stroll along the picturesque Coal River and through the village.
- Enjoy browsing the many shops and galleries for unique gifts or souvenirs.
- Perhaps taste some local produce from one of the many cafes and restaurants
- Onto Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in the Brighton Valley where you will have your chance to come closer than ever to something wild and fragile.
- A wildlife sanctuary run by a passionate team of people, it is also a successful breeding site for the unique and often misunderstood Tasmanian
Devil (traditional indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is 'purinina').
- Be amazed by what you will learn when taking part in an up-close encounter with 'The Devil' and other Tasmanian and Australian native animals.
- Stroll the grounds of the sancturary and hand feed the animals that roam free.
- You will have great photo opportunities on this fun-filled day.