MONA with Mt Wellington & Ferry Return
Locally known as 'The Mountain', the scenic drive to the summit of Mt Wellington unfolds into a magnificent splendour of panoramic vistas over the city. Then travel to MONA with its compelling display of art and architecture before returning to Hobart by ferry.
Reach the summit of Mt Wellington, where waiting before you is the magnificent views of the Derwent River lying next to the historically significant city of Hobart. The panoramic views of the city will have you not wanting to leave. With 'The Mountain' right at the doorstep of Hobart, your tour of Mt Wellington finishes in the morning allowing the rest of the day to explore MONA's art, architecture and perhaps take in some wine or beer tasting at their in-house brewery and winery.
- Pass by Anglesea Barracks - Australia’s oldest Army facility
- On a clear day the views from Mt Wellington are stunning
- In the winter perhaps you will be playing in the snow - whatever the weather - take the opportunity to visit iconic Mt Wellington, the traditional
indigenous name in Palawa Kani language is kunanyi
- On this tour we pass through various eco systems and experience the harsh alpine environment of the mountain.
- View the massive rock formation of the Organ Pipes
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit - a harsh rocky alpine environment affording unsurpassed views on a clear day
- Enjoy a short guided walk at the summit to the observatory
- The summit of Mt Wellington offers a panoramic spectacle of Hobart town, its surrounding suburbs, vast waterways of the Derwent River
- After our descent from the mountain, visit Cascade Brewery for an opportunity to take photos and walk through the gardens
- We have a brief visit to the Cascades Female Factory - a one time female prison - for an insight into the lives of the women convicts once imprisoned
- A visual display of complex structures greet you on approach to the museum's entrance
- Admire the fascinating architecture
- MONA, owned by entrepreneur David Walsh, is Australia's largest private collection of art and artefacts
- Wander through ancient, modern and contemporary art
- Complimentary use of 'The O' - a handheld touch screen device assists with learning about the exhibits or listening to interviews with artists
- Record your visit on 'The O' and email it
- Perhaps enjoy a delicious meal at The Source Restaurant, Museum Cafe or wine bar (own expense)
- Return to Brooke Street Pier in Hobart on the 4pm ferry from MONA
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
Adult: $112 Child: $56 (4-17 years)