- Fares are in Australian dollars, include GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are subject to change without notice.
- Children aged 4 years and up to 14 years receive 50% discount off Adult fare unless otherwise stated.
- Adult fares apply to persons 15 years and over.
- Infants travelling on a Public Day Tour aged between 0-3 will be given an allocated seat and be seated in a Child Restraint Seat subject to availability. Child Restraint Seats will be available for hire or the customer may supply their own.
- Children aged 4-7 travelling on a Public Day Tour must be seated in an allocated seat and wear a seat belt. Booster Seats are available as an option for hire or the customer may supply their own. Children aged 4-7 must not travel in the first two rows of the coach on a Public Day Tour
3. Courtesy Hotel Pick Ups
- Please wait outside hotel 5 minutes prior to pick up time.
- Pick up times may vary depending on traffic.
- No hotel drop-offs after morning tours
- To ensure a hotel pick up please make sure you have made a reservation with Gray Line or your hotel.
- If your hotel is not shown in our listing, please enquire at reception as pickups may be arranged.
- No surcharge applies for credit card payments
- Private Touring in Melbourne incur a surcharge for public holidays and will be advised at time of booking.
5. Cancellation Policy
- A 100% cancellation fee applies for tours cancelled within 24 hours of departure when no notice is given. However, if notice of cancellation is given and the tour is re-booked there is no charge.
- For tours to Kangaroo Island a cancellation fee of 50% applies for a tour cancelled within 30 - 7 days of travel. A fee of 80% applies within 7 days - 24 hours of travel. A fee of 100% applies within 24 hours.
- For all Sydney & Darwin tours; a cancellation fee of 50% applies for a tour cancelled within 72-24 hours of travel or when no notice is given. Within 24 hours of departure 100% cancellation fee applies. Cancellation fees imposed on Gray Line by our supplier will be passed on.
- For all Broome tours; a cancellation fee of 50% applies for a tour cancelled within 5-3 days of travel or when no notice is given. Within 48-24 hours prior to departure 100% cancellation fee applies. Cancellation fees imposed on Gray Line by our supplier will be passed on.
- For Private Touring in Melbourne; a cancellation fee of 100% applies for a tour cancelled within 72 hours of travel or when no notice is given. Cancellation fees imposed on Gray Line by our supplier will be passed on.
- Goods and services come with certain guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. These terms and conditions are subject to those guarantees.
- A reference to “client” means the person making the booking.
- Itineraries, prices and days of operation are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. A fuel levy may apply when world oil prices exceed the allowance in the fare.
- State and territory laws require all passengers to wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles. Gray Line Australia employees are not responsible for monitoring this requirement.
- Parents, guardians or the client are required to ensure all children wear seat belts in seat belt equipped vehicles.
- Gray Line Australia vehicles with seat belts will have at least one child restraint anchor point.
- Gray Line Australia is not responsible for the provision, installation and securing of children and child booster seats, capsules and child restraints. Parents, guardians or the client are responsible to provide, install and secure all child restraint and booster seats.
- Gray Line Australia drivers are not responsible for the behaviour and safety of children when not accompanied by a parent or guardian. Gray Line Australia drivers are responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle as their primary focus.
- Customers are responsible for their own physical safety at all venues and locations.
- Parents or Guardians are responsible for the safety of children at all venues and locations. Gray Line Australia reserves the right to deny travel where a risk to customers, public or staff is perceived.
- All reservations are subject to availability.
- Gray Line Australia has wheel chair lift vehicles available on our Public Day Tours.
- Passengers requiring a wheel chair lift vehicle should book via telephone on 1300 85 86 87 at least 24 hours prior to departure and inform Gray Line Australia of their specific requirements.
- Passengers must be able to ensure their own safety and enjoyment on the tour (including any stops and venues visited) and passengers with special needs must be accompanied by a carer or assistant where necessary.
- Passengers travelling in a wheel chair must travel in the wheel chair unless a spare coach seat is available
- Wheel chairs will only be unloaded at stops which are longer than 15 minutes.
- Where a wheel chair lift is fitted, Gray Line Australia is responsible for the operation of the wheel chair lift or ramp. Gray Line Australia wheel chair accessible vehicles will have generic anchor points and straps for use.
- Gray Line Australia is not responsible for the anchoring of the wheel chair. Gray Line Australia employees will assist in anchoring wheel chairs but a parent, guardian, carer or assistant will be responsible for ensuring the wheel chair is properly anchored.
- No illicit drugs or alcohol are to be consumed on any Gray Line Australia vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted on any Gray Line Australia vehicle.
- Gray Line Australia reserves the right to eject any passengers behaving in an inappropriate, offensive, intoxicated or destructive manner from the vehicle or to stop the vehicle until the relevant behaviour ceases or the situation is otherwise resolved. This may include requesting that police or other relevant authorities attend.
- Passengers and the person booking are responsible for any damage they directly or indirectly cause to the vehicle. Examples of damage include vandalism, food or beverage spillage and breakage of interior or exterior fittings.
- To the extent permitted by law, Gray Line Australia is not responsible for any damage or soiling of luggage. Gray Line Australia will exercise due care and skill when loading and unloading luggage.
- Gray Line Australia employees may request assistance in loading or unloading any luggage items.
- Gray Line Australia is not responsible for any property left or thought to be left on a Gray Line Australia vehicle. Gray Line Australia will endeavour to search each vehicle at least daily for lost property and store it at the depot office for a minimum period of 48 hours. Gray Line Australia reserves the right to dispose of or destroy any lost property after this time.
- Any lost property found must be collected from a Gray Line Australia depot within 48 hours.
- Gray Line Australia is not a bailee in respect of any lost property left on Gray Line Australia vehicles and does not guarantee the security of any lost property.
- Gray Line Australia recommends that all customers obtain an appropriate Travel Insurance policy.
- Gray Line Australia directly supplies bus transportation services.
- Gray Line Australia may also, acting as an agent or reseller for various third party suppliers of goods and services, engage relevant third party suppliers to supply you with other goods or services, for example, ski hire and lift tickets associated with snow tours (third party arrangements).
- Any third party arrangements are collateral to the bus transportation services we directly provide you. Our obligation to you is to (and you expressly authorise us to) arrange relevant contracts between you and relevant third party goods and services providers, as may be relevant to the particular tour you have booked.
- Gray Line Australia exercises due care and skill in choosing third party providers of goods and services but has no control over, and to the extent permitted by law, no liability for, the goods and services provided by relevant third parties.
- All third party arrangements made on your behalf are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant third party suppliers.
8. Indemnity/Limitation of liability
- You agree to indemnify Gray Line Australia in relation to any loss or damage suffered by Gray Line Australia in respect of goods or services provided to you in respect of third party arrangements, including but not limited to, claims in relation to damaged equipment e.g., ski equipment.
- To the extent permitted by law, Gray Line Australia shall not be liable for any injury, loss, accident or delay that may occur due to factors beyond our direct control or by reason of any act or omission of any third party.
9. Recreational services waiver
- As part of your tour, you may engage in sporting activities or leisure-time pursuits or other activities that involve a significant degree of physical exertion or physical risk and are undertaken for the purposes of recreation, enjoyment or leisure (recreational services). This may include but is not limited to, skiing, snowboarding and snow sports.
- To the extent permitted by law, Gray Line Australia, its employees, directors and agents are not liable to you, your dependents or legal representatives, for personal injury or death suffered by you due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty of Gray Line Australia, including but not limited to any liability for recreational services not being rendered with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for any purpose you have made known, expressly or by implication, to Gray Line Australia or because Gray Line Australia failed to achieve any result reasonably expected by you, which you made known, expressly or by implication, to Gray Line Australia or for breach of any other consumer guarantee of the Australian Consumer Law (Vic) or of the Australian Consumer Law (Cth).
- You acknowledge that recreational services and associated recreational activities are dangerous with many risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury (including serious personal injury) and sometimes death can occur. You assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue Gray Line Australia, its employees, directors and agents for any personal injury or death suffered by you in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your use of such services or your participation in such activities.
- Please see the below prescribed warning in relation to recreational services in Victoria you participate in, to the extent that they are held to be supplied by Gray Line Australia. By booking this tour you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
10. WARNING UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND FAIR TRADING ACT 2012
Under the Australian Consumer Law (Victoria), several statutory guarantees apply to the supply of certain goods and services. These guarantees mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you—
- are rendered with due care and skill; and
- are reasonably fit for any purpose which you, either expressly or by implication, make known to the supplier;
- might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 22 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012, the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these statutory guarantees do not apply to you. If you sign this form, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the services provided were not in accordance with these guarantees,
are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in clause 9 of this form.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier's part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012.
11. Force Majeure
- If any fact, circumstance, matter or thing beyond the reasonable control of Gray Line Australia, prevents Gray Line Australia from performing in whole or in part its obligations:
- Gray Line Australia is relieved of that obligation to the extent and for the period that it is unable to perform such obligation; and
- Gray Line Australia will not be liable to the other party to this agreement for failure to perform such obligation to the extent and for the period of non-performance contemplated by this clause.
12. About us
- Gray Line Australia is owned by the Driver family. We operate in Melbourne and Adelaide and with our partners in Sydney, Tasmania, Cairns, Perth, Alice Springs, Brisbane and Gold Coast.
- Gray Line Australia’s parent company is Driver Group Australia, established in 1931 and currently with a fleet of over 100 vehicles.
Terms & Conditions last updated 10 September 2018