TRAVEL ALERT: MELBOURNE BOOKINGS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Melbourne winery day tours
Puffing Billy with Yarra Valley Wineries
A tour for those with an appreciation for food, wine and a little history. Puffing Billy is an icon in 'the hills' which you will ride. Spend the remainder of the day in Yarra Valley sampling local produce and of course, wine!
From the charm of the Blue Dandenongs and Puffing Billy steam train, tour the picturesque Yarra Valley wine region. Enjoy a delicious, hearty spit roast lunch accompanied by a glass of wine at Fergusson's Winery. There is opportunity for a tasting at the cellar door after your lunch. For a taste of something sweet, visit the ever so popular and relatively new Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery. Be amazed at their product range! Continue a structured wine tasting at award winning Rochford Wines and wine tasting, complimentary cheese bite and tour at Dominique Portet.
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
- Depart Melbourne through the eastern suburbs
- Travel through Sherbrooke Forest at the heart of the Dandenongs with its tall eucalypts, fern gullies and bird life
- Enjoy Bush Billy tea of Aussie grown tea and gum leaves, lamingtons and Vegemite with crackers
- See bright Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots!
- Ride on the Puffing Billy steam train through native forest from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's
- Pass through the Dandenong's charming villages noted for quaint cafes, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Stunning views from Grantulla Rd
- Enjoy a delicious spit roast lunch with wine at Fergusson's Winery as guest of Louise Fergusson (Vegetarian meals and Asian cuisine is also available
- Sample Australian wines at Fergusson's Winery, a noted Yarra Valley wine producer
- Yarra Valley - home to numerous wineries and rolling pastures
- Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery - a sweet feast for the senses
- Enjoy complimentary chocolate tastings, observe European chocolatiers at work and take in the wide display of premium chocolates
- Travel through Healesville township nestled amidst mountain bushland
- Visit Rochford Wines and taste from a selection of fine Australian wines
- It's then on to Dominique Portet - a boutique family owned winery now in their tenth generation as winemakers and continuing to respect their French
- Take a vineyard, bottling or vintage tour (depending on the activity of the winery)
- Enjoy a complimentary cheese bite with your wine tasting
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
MON, WED, FRI, SUN
Departs: 8.15am Returns: 5.45pm
Historic steam train ride, Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers, winery lunch with glass of wine and opportunity for wine tasting at Fergusson's Winery, wine tasting at Rochford Wines, wine tasting and tour at Dominique Portet and free Wi-Fi on coach
Share this tour