TRAVEL ALERT: BOOKINGS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Puffing Billy Steam Train tours
Puffing Billy with Australian Wildlife
Take in the delights of riding iconic Puffing Billy steam train through the forest, a delicious spit roast lunch at Fergusson Winery and finally, spending time at Healesville Sanctuary, home to over 200 species of native animals.
Puffing Billy with Healesville Sanctuary is a wonderful full day tour to experience lush rainforest of the Blue Dandenong Ranges as you ride on the original steam locomotive we affectionately call Puffing Billy. Culinary joys today include our special Aussie style Bush Billy Tea for morning tea, a delicious spit roast lunch at a winery and sweet samples for dessert from Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery. Walk off today's treats at Healesville Sanctuary where you will be taken on a guided tour of Australia's native animals.
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
- Melbourne's eastern suburbs
- Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
- Share Bush Billy tea of Aussie grown tea and gum leaves, lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers
- Colourful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots!
- Enjoy a ride aboard Puffing Billy steam train from Belgrave to Menzies Creek, the most scenic section of the original steam locomotive's journey
- Pass quaint villages set amongst the Australian bush and renowned for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Panoramic views from Grantulla Road
- Enjoy a delicious spit roast lunch with wine as guests of Louise Fergusson (Asian cuisine and vegetarian meals are also available on request)
- Opportunity to taste Australian wines at Fergusson's Winery, a noted Yarra Valley wine producer
- Tour through the Yarra Valley
- Visit Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery - a sweet feast for the senses
- Delight in complimentary chocolate tastings, displays of premium chocolates and observe European chocolatiers at work
- Pass through the township of Healesville - set amidst mountain bushland
- Visit Healesville Sanctuary - home for over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles in a natural bushland setting
- Stroll through paddocks of kangaroos and wallabies
- Walk through large aviaries and pond areas that bring birds of the wild so close to hand - the elusive lyrebirds, eagles, ibis and spoonbills
- Witness the "Spirits of the Sky" demonstration
- Observe the underwater life of the platypus
- Come face to face with a koala!
- Meet a furry wombat!
- See dingoes, Tasmanian devils, echidnas, snakes and goannas
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
MON, WED, FRI, SUN
Departs: 8.15am Returns: 5.45pm
Historic steam train ride, entrance to Healesville Sanctuary, Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers, winery lunch with a glass of wine and opportunity for wine tasting at Fergusson's Winery and free Wi-Fi on coach
Share this tour