TRAVEL ALERT: MELBOURNE BOOKINGS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Sovereign Hill Tour With Wildlife
Add a wildlife aspect to your day out to Sovereign Hill with opportunity to visit Ballarat Wildlife Park. Nestled in a native bushland habitat, get up close to many of the Australian animals such as kangaroos, koalas and emus.
If you are yet to have an Australian wildlife encounter, you will definitely be impressed with Ballarat Wildlife Park. Join a guided tour and meet our friendly kangaroos (and many of them too), shy koalas and Tasmanian devils. Continue to Sovereign Hill, an authentic re-creation of the 1850's gold mining town of Ballarat. There are so many things to see and do here! Take in the atmosphere of Main Street, try gold panning, take the Red Hill Mine tour, explore the Chinese Village and visit the Gold Museum.
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
- Journey west from Melbourne on the Western Highway, a stagecoach route of the 1850's
- Pass Bacchus Marsh, once a resting place for the Cobb & Co stagecoach and home to numerous orchards
- Tour through Ballarat, taking in its period buildings and statues and learn some of its history
- Eureka Stockade - site of the 1854 miner's rebellion
- Ballarat Wildlife Park, owned by the Parker family, is home to a host of native Australian animals including Patrick, Australia's most famous wombat
- A surprise greeting awaits you on arrival
- Take time for morning tea (own expense) before joining a guided tour of the Wildlife Park
- Feed free range Kangaroos
- Experience an Emu encounter
- Meet our cute cuddly Koalas
- See Tasmanian Devils feeding
- See Goannas and giant Lizards
- At Sovereign Hill experience the authentic recreation of an 1850's gold mining town
- Have a go at gold panning in Red Gully Creek
- Head underground and enjoy the Red Hill Mine tour
- See a wide range of early mining equipment and working displays of steam engines used at the mine
- Explore the main street and its many original shops or perhaps enjoy Devonshire tea at the New York Bakery?
- See working blacksmiths and traditional craftsmen
- Visit the Chinese Village showcasing Chinese involvement in the goldfields
- See the giant Crushing Battery
- Treat yourself to lunch at the United States Hotel (own expense)
- Learn more about Gold discovery in Ballarat at the Gold Museum
BOOK THIS TOUR NOW
Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat
Departs: 8.10am Returns: 5.30pm
Entrance fees to wildlife park with guided tour, Sovereign Hill and Gold Museum, Red Hill Mine tour and free Wi-Fi on coach
Sturdy walking shoes are recommended due to uneven and sometimes slippery terrain.
Photographs are not permitted in the Underground Mine or at any performances at the Victoria Theatre.
Share this tour